Reports emerged on Tuesday, March 21 that Nairobi Senator Mike Sonko was considering his future with Jubilee, after the torrid interview on live TV
Kalonzo’s Wiper Party were allegedly ready to swoop in and take up Sonko with a direct nomination, although he would have to take his ambitions away from Nairobi county
Sonko has finally spoken on the same
Nairobi Senator Mike Sonko has set the record straight after reports suggested that he had been offered a lucrative offer by Wiper party and was ready to walk out on Jubilee.
Speaking to the media on the issue, Sonko strongly refuted the claims, saying that he was in Jubilee to stay.
“I don’t fear any minister, I don’t fear any presidential advisor; I don’t fear any PS. I will fight you internally.” He declared.
He also took the opportunity to apologise over the remarks he made On Sunday during an interview where he made a reference to people with disabilities.
“I would like to apologize for what I said during the interview. It was a slip of the tongue,” He added.
His statement of clarification comes after rumors surfaced that Sonko was being offered a way out of the Jubilee party albeit via a Wiper ticket in Machakos county.
Meanwhile, Jubilee leaders allied to Sonko, who dubbed themselves ‘Team Nairobi” have raised concerns over party nominations, claiming that they were deliberately being denied nomination cards.
Starehe MCA Margret Wanjiru was among other leaders who claimed to have been told there were no more nomination cards when they attempted to get one.
“The smart card concept is not working in Nairobi,” She told media.
Watch Mike Sonko speaking on his defection below: